Dear Active Citizen,
Are you ready for the 2023 general elections? From Monday, June 28th, you can register to vote!
The Continuous Voters’ Registration (CVR) exercise has been made easy with an online platform to capture your data after which you are scheduled for biometric capture at an INEC office close to you.
For citizens without access to the internet, physical registration will commence on Monday, July 19th, at INEC state and local government offices nationwide.
Your PVC is an important tool to fix Nigeria, ensure you have it, and encourage your family, friends & acquaintances to do the same.
Steps for Online Voter’s Registration
- Visit cvr.inec.gov.ng or cvr.inecnigeria.org for pre-registration.
- Create an account on the portal using a valid email address.
- Check your email address and click on the link in your inbox to activate your account.
- Continue with your registration by filling an application form on the portal.
- Select a convenient date and time when you want to visit the physical registration centre for biometric capture to complete your registration.
- Submit your application.
- After successful submission, an application slip containing your application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated.
- Print the application slip
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture.
- A registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect PVC.
The CVR exercise is for citizens who:
- are 18 years and above and have never registered to vote
- lost or damaged their PVC
- want to transfer their voting location
- have registered but had problems during the past elections etc.