Continuous Voter Registration | Temporary Voters Card | Permanent Voters Card

Citizens can commence their registration on INEC CVR portal – – after which they can visit the INEC  State/LGA office close to them to complete the process.

Alternatively, citizens can also start their registration at INEC designated  centres – – and complete the process without registering online if they choose to do so.

Citizens who:  

  • Are eighteen (18) years and above.
  • Reside, work and originate from an LGA or ward covered by the registration centre.
  • Have not registered before.
  • Have registered but whose names are not found in the biometric register of voters during the display of the register/distribution of PVC.

Present your Temporary Voters Card (TVC) to the INEC officials to collect your PVC.

No, you do not need to register again. For PVC replacement, information update or transfer of registration,  apply online via the INEC CVR portal or visit any INEC designated centre.

Register again on INEC CVR portal or do physical registration at INEC designated centres.

Visit INEC designated centres with a form of identification – Driver’s License, International Passport, NIN slip,  government staff ID card etc.

Visit your INEC LGA office with your online registration slip on your scheduled date and complete your physical CVR process.

No. Unless he/she transfers his/her registration details to his/her state and is issued another voter’s card to that effect.  Voters are only permitted by law to vote at polling units where they were registered and their names displayed.