Who we are
We are EiE Project Ltd/GTE, a non-governmental organization and public interest group with the mission of promoting good governance and public accountability in Nigeria, and with place of business at 10b, Fola Jinadu Cresent, Gbagada Phase 1, Lagos State, Nigeria. We can be reached via our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, our phone numbers; +234(0)812-067-7099 and +234(0)708-778-4788.
What personal data do we collect
The personal data we collect from you (may) include:
- your names, email addresses, telephone number, location (where applicable)
- your images (as processed by the video conferencing apps) or at live events, your voice, views, opinions, etc.
- polling unit number, age, and all other personal data that you expose to us in the course of your dealings with us.
Why we need your data
We collect information through our interviews, newsletter sign ups, volunteer registration, video conferences, live events, inquiry forms, email correspondences, telephone conversations, documents given to us, etc.:
- to facilitate dissemination of information about our association and events
- to improve analytics and research etc.
- for record keeping and accountability
- for the purpose of registration and participation at our online and offline events
We also collect data in order to:
- enable Nigerians know the names and tenure(s) of their legislative representatives
- provide you with our periodic newsletters
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- monitor participation at our events
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent and our legitimate interests of adding intellectual and material value to participants at our events. This is to aid our collective campaigns to build a generation of active citizens who understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship through political awareness and intellectually engaging activities.
The other legal basis is for the performance of contract with our vendors and/or sponsors.
What constitutes consent
How do we get your consent?
Your consent is given when you voluntary surrender your documents or information to us to facilitate our programs.
You are also consenting to our processing of your personal data when you log on our website, or signup for webinars or other events, or subscribe to our email alerts, or when you provide us with your personal data to enable you participate at our events, or receive information from us.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like advertising, we will either ask you directly for your express consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
We deem your consent to be validly given when you have attained the legal age requirement of the laws of Nigeria. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure, or otherwise processing of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com
Please note that such withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our employees, or Data Protection Officer. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider(s). We may also share your personal data with third parties when same is processed in the course of our engagements with our affiliates or in compliance with regulatory provisions.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties.
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- expose your data to unauthorized persons in our organization
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- the law requires us to;
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this policy or our contract with you:
- except you exercise your right to request deletion of personal data.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. All personal data are stored in our data cloud except the ones stored via conferencing and other apps we use.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can, to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the following rights under the data protection legislations:
- information on how your personal data is processed
- right of access to your personal data
- right to withdraw consent at any time
- right to object to processing of your data
- right to rectification of your data
- right to request us to transfer your data to another entity electronically
- right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (NITDA)
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer, Oluwasegun Phillips via firstname.lastname@example.org
We will address any complaint or any violation of your privacy rights in accordance with the NDPR 2019. You are also at liberty file an action in court for redress or lodge a complaint with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
Time frame for remedies
This shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction or the regulator as the case may be.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
Governing principles of our data processing
We guarantee that your personal data shall be:
- collected and processed in accordance with specific, legitimate and lawful purpose consented to by you; provided that: a further processing may be done only for archiving, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes for public interest;
- restricted to you and won’t be transferred to any person/entity except when required by law;
- adequate, accurate and without prejudice to the dignity of human person;
- stored only for the period within which it is reasonably needed, and
- secured against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, unauthorized dissemination, manipulations of any kind, damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
- Not used for any automated decision making or profiling etc.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- wish to register a data compliance issue with us
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Data Protection Officer
Oluwasegun Phillips | email@example.com
The DPO provides independent advice and monitoring of our use of personal information.
You can also make a complaint to the National Information Technology Development Agency who is an independent regulator.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
– – –
Last updated September 16, 2022